Uppsala Software Factory - Teaching and education
Some material is available for teaching and (self-) education
- For absolute O beginners, there is a tutorial called
"O for Morons". It covers
the basics of using O (versions 5.9 and 5.10), and introduces many of
the rebuilding tools. It does not cover tools specific for
- For those of you who want to learn something about map
interpretation, Alwyn has made available
the material he
uses in courses on this subject, using P2 myelin protein
as an example. More recently, the ESSENS maps for this
protein have also been added (these show where the helices
and strands are located; see the
- For a worked introduction to model rebuilding (and some
basic X-PLOR refinement), a tutorial called
"O for the Structurally Challenged" is available. You can
have a sneak preview of the
contents of the tutorial.
- For people who want to get an introduction to the use of
NCS averaging (using RAVE), a
worked example is available.
- For those who want to use the forward and/or backward traced
structure of holo cellular retinoic-acid-binding protein type II
(for instance, to discuss quality control and error detection),
of coordinates and structure factors is available.
- Introduction to Structural Databases.
Tutorial prepared for the 1999
EMBO Practical Course in Bioinformatics in Uppsala. This is
an adaptation of a tutorial created by Tom Taylor.
See also the Tutorials page.
Trouble ftp-ing through your browser ?
Look here !
Latest update at 20 September, 2002.