Uppsala Software Factory - Mirrors
Do you want to set up a local mirror of the USF site and have
fast access to the manuals etc. ? Just follow these easy steps:
- Ftp the gzip-ed, tar-ed directory containing all files:
- Move the file to your www-directory and go there yourself as
well (e.g.: mv manuals.tar.gz ~/www; cd ~/www)
- Gunzip the file: gunzip manuals.tar.gz
- Untar the directory: tar xovpf manuals.tar
- Go to the new directory: cd manuals
- Ftp the C-shell script
- Execute the script while you are in the USF manuals directory:
./localise_usf_mirror.csh - this will remove almost all the
hardcoded references to the Uppsala USF site
- Edit the file welcome2usf.html and change the line pointing
to 'usf_site' so that it points to your site instead. If you have
a reasonably recent version of the USF site, this line looks
as follows: <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="usf_site"
VALUE="http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf"> - if not,
then it's probably time to update your local mirror anyway !
- Send a mail
to Gerard to tell him about the new mirror, so he can add it
to the list below
The following is a list of sites which have put the USF
documentation on-line. Note that these may not be entirely
up-to-date, but transfer rates may be better.
To register changes or additions,
E-mail to Gerard.
Latest update at 19 November, 2001.