Uppsala Software Factory - How to ... ?
- set up a local version of this Web site:
If you want to set up a local version of this system of HTML
pages, you can
download them. You may have to use "Save as..."
and then "untar" the file as follows: tar xovpf saved_file_name; this will
create a directory called manuals which contains all HTML pages.
This main document is called gerard_manuals.html. The ftp-able
version is updated about once a month; its manual versions are always
identical to those of the currently available program versions.
- print a manual (or this document): to get PostScript or hard-copy
output of any manual, open that manual and select the Print option in
the File menu of your browser
- find macros etc. : check out the
OMAC directory of public-domain files contributed by other O users
- find O-style symmetry operators : have a look at the
of symm-op files
- find the right program to do the job: if you don't know if
any of these programs (or which program) can be of help in solving your
problem, use the inverted index.
This is a very useful document if you are not familiar with the
- resolve impossible problems: send a mail to
Gerard, if you are sure that the answer is not in the manual or the FAQ !!!
- cure utter and complete boredom (e.g., while you're
waiting for your ESSENS jobs to finish): visit the
archives of Dombo!
- Trouble ftp-ing through your browser ?
Look here !
Latest update at 26 August, 2008.