SBNet - Conference 1999
Third Annual Conference of the Swedish Structural Biology Network
Tällberg, 11 - 14 June, 1999
Thanks to all participants and speakers for helping to make the
third Tällberg meeting a success again. Of course, if you
have suggestions to make next year's meeting even better, please
E-mail them to Gerard.
For the record
- View the pictures of the conference as a
slide show !
- of the meeting !!!
(If you wish, you can
entire set of pictures; just over 5 MB.)
- The Pharmacia & Upjohn award to the best poster went to
Kenth Johansson, SLU
basis for light activation").
- The AstraZeneca Structural Chemistry Laboratory Award for the best
oral presentation by a young person went to
Choudhury, SLU ("Donor Strand Complementation: Implications in Protein
- The traditional football match between X-ray/EM and NMR/Modelling
ended in a famous 3-2 victory for the X-ray/EM team.
The evening news papers differed in the reporting of this result.
"The Noesy Inquirer" had the following headlines:
"The MAD Times" painted a more truthful picture with these headlines:
- 2 HISTORIC GOALS ! (this was the first time ever that an
NMR spectroscopist managed to score a goal against the X-ray
team, since their eminently forgettable 1997 goal was actually
scored by Pär Nordlund, a crystallographer)
- NMR DREAM TEAM FINISH SECOND IN FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT !
- X-RAY TEAM DISASTER ! FINISH SECOND FROM LAST !
- X-RAY HEROES DO IT AGAIN !
- X-RAY 3 - NMR 2
- WIN SBNet BEST OF FIVE SERIES
- X-RAY/EM 3 3 0 0 9 12-3
- NMR/MODELLING 3 0 0 3 0 3-12
Latest update at 17 November, 2000.