SBNet - Conference 2005
Ninth Annual Conference of the Swedish Structural Biology Network
17-20 June, 2005
at Åkerblads hotel in Tällberg
Thanks to all participants and speakers for helping to make also the ninth
Tällberg meeting a success. As mentioned, there will be
yet another meeting next year. So, if you have any suggestions to
make next year's meeting even better, please
E-mail them to SBNet.
For the record
- The slides from Kim Henrick's demos about the EBI-MSD on Saturday and Sunday evenings are available here (no 1) and here (no 2)
- The SBNet Poster Award, a free registration to the conference 2006 (incl. a nice room with jaucuzzi), went to
Susanna Törnroth (Chalmers) for her poster (number 72) entitled "Structural mechanism of plant aquaporin gating".
- The AstraZeneca Structural Chemistry Laboratory Award for the best
oral presentation by a young scientist went to Urszula Kosinska
of SLU ("Thymidine Kinase of mycoplasmic origin - An enzyme with lasso").
- The traditional football match ended in a (anybody surprised?) 3-2 victory for the X-ray/EM team against the NMR/Modelling team.
The standings after nine matches:
- X-RAY/EM 9 8 0 1 24 37-14
- NMR/MODELLING 9 1 0 8 3 14-37
Photographer: Xiaofeng Zhang
Latest update at 23 June, 2005.