HIC-Up is now mirrored at two locations in Madrid, Spain at URL:
Mirroring this site is encouraged. A list of mirror sites will be
maintained here. HIC-Up is updated once or twice a year.
Latest version of HIC-Up available:
containing 7,870 compounds,
archive size ~210 MB compressed,
and ~1.4 GB uncompressed.
To set up a HIC-Up mirror:
the HIC-Up distribution (gzip-ed tar file)
- move the file to the location where you want it (e.g., your
local ~www directory)
- type: gunzip hicup.tar.gz to uncompres the file
- type: tar xovpf hicup.tar to extract the "hicup" directory tree
- type: rm hicup.tar to delete the tar file
- edit the file hicup/quickxs.html and change the lines pointing
to 'hicup_site' so that it points to your site instead. If you have
a reasonably recent version of the HIC-Up site, this line looks
as follows: <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="hicup_site"
VALUE="http://xray.bmc.uu.se/hicup">. Note: this
line occurs twice in the file and needs to be changed
twice as well !
- send an E-mail to Gerard to let him know that you have
set up a mirror (don't forget to include the URL as well as the
city/state/country in which your site is located)
Latest update at 3 March, 2008.